The last couple of blogs have been on maintaining a healthy roof and warning signs that may indicate needing a new roof. This week's blog is about roofing shingle options and the differences. After reading the blog listen to Michael, Revell, Roofing Specialist at Drawdy Roofing & Vinyl Siding in the video below.
For brevity lets compare the two most popular types of shingles, the standard 3-Tab versus architectural also called designer shingles.
First, the traditional 3-Tab XT 25™ shingle from CertainTeed, offers a traditional look and comes in a wide variety of colors. The manufacturers warranty is a limited 25-Year prorated transferable warranty and also comes with the following:
- 5-Year SureStart™ warranty (100% replacement and labor costs due to manufacturing defects).
- 10-Year StreakFighter™ warranty (on available colors) against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae.
- 5-Year 60 mph wind resistance warranty.
Architectural shingles come in the widest variety of colors while providing a more elegant look than the traditional 3-Tab. Certainteed offers a warranty as mentioned above but with the following enhancements:
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty against manufacturing defects on residential applications.
- 10-Year SureStart™ protection (includes labor). Remember 3-Tabs is for 5-Years.
- 15-Year 110 mph wind-resistance warranty with an available 130 mph warranty available for an additional fee.
Drawdy Roofing & Vinyl Siding offers other types of asphalt shingles including a beautiful Presidential style, but the 3-Tab and Architectural have been our most popular due to value and cost. We will be glad to show you all your shingle options.
In addition to the standard Certainteed warranty, Drawdy Roofing & Vinyl Siding has earned the Select ShingleMaster™ designation from Certainteed allowing us to offer the finest warranty in the industry, the SureStart Plus™ warranty. This warranty provides up to a full 50 years of coverage for manufacturers defects covering 100% of the cost of the shingles (non-prorated) as well as covering the labor costs.
We are ready to help you make your home improvement and roofing shingle decision today. Schedule a Free Estimate by filling out the "Free Estimate" form on our website or by calling us at 229.432.0317.
Vince Dettore, VP of Marketing and Business Operations