There are several stages to your roof's life and at some point it will be past the point of repair and need replacement. One of the hardest things about replacing or repairing a worn-out roof is finding a roofer you can trust.
Drawdy Roofing & Vinyl Siding's over 40 years serving South Georgia is from doing what is in our customers best interest which has been one of our company policies since the beginning.
Below we show several warning signs that a roof may experience due to the aging process. Contact our service department if you feel you need a repair or would like an estimate for a replacement roof. There is never a charge for an estimate though fees may apply if for a service call Remember, neglecting a problem may lead to additional repairs as rotten wood, ruined sheetrock and insulation so do not wait.
For roof estimates If your damage is due to hail/storm damage, you can find information here.
If your roof is more than 15 years old, or if it shows any of these warning signs, you may already have a problem:
- Caused by leaks in roof
- Check attic or crawlspace for leaks in deck
- Check chimney and vents for cracks in flashing
- Check rafters for leaks that travel away from original source
- Check roof for damaged shingles
- Caused by improper installation
- Caused by drying and cracking
- Can usually be repaired without replacing roof
- Caused by improper fastening
- Caused by exposure to high winds
- Can usually be replaced individually
Buckling & Curling Spots
- Caused by improperly applied felt (buckling)
- Caused by movement in deck (buckling)
- Caused by undersaturation of felt in organic-based shingles (curling)
- Caused by moisture in shingles
- Caused by excessive use of asphalt plastic cement
- Caused by growth of airborne algae deposited on roof
- Unsightly appearance does not affect the service life of the material
- Common problem in warm, humid climates
- Algae resistant shingles available regionally
- Caused by absorption of moisture by mat at the core of the shingle
- Common problem with organic-based shingles
- On newly applied shingles, a certain number of loose granules is normal
- On aging shingles, missing granules indicate need for replacement